We really wanted to explore camping with both Maisy and Maren. Maisy has been camping twice before, but the last time we went, I was pregnant with Maren (who is almost 2), so it's been a while. We joined up with some friends from Maisy's school and headed down to Pescadero. We camped at Costanoa
We tent camped in the meadow.
This place was great! They had nice grounds to walk around and some quaint little trees for climbing.
There is a great beach and tide pools across PCH. The girls all loved playing in the water. The adults were freezing, but the girls did not mind at all!
There was a restaurant tent that served Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, if you wanted it. They also had a mini playground. The only bummer was, that we couldn't have a fire or cook where we were camped, you had to use one of the many available communal pits. If that was still a bit too much camping for you, they also have permanent "tents" set up with real beds in them with fire pits right outside the door and if that's too much camping for you, there is also a hotel!
I have to admit, there were quite a few times during the trip that I felt exactly like this!
If you like this post, here are some of our other camping adventures in Northern California:
- Leggett, California: Camping with Families Big Bend Lodge, CA
- Forestville, California: Camping With Kids Down By the River: Lessons Learned
- Costanoa, California: Camping with Kids?!
- Lake Chabot, California: Camping at Lake Chabot at 26 weeks pregnant
- Mt. Diablo, California: Happy Little Camper?
- Berkeley, California: Group Camping in the East Bay at Tilden Regional Park