Bath time was losing its luster around here, so we decided to take it to a whole ‘notha level!
We did the business portion of bath, with the scrubbing and washing. Then it was time for playing in the bathtub full of colorful balls and the down pour of the shower under an umbrella! Bath went from ho-hum, “I don’t like my hair washed-noooOOoooo!!” to “Yay-hooooo!!” in no time. Not kidding about the Yay-hoo, Maren actually shouted that out several times.
The girls played (all on their own, with no direction from me):
- Throw the balls at the wall and try to catch them.
- Hide under the umbrella.
- Turn the umbrella upside down and fill it with balls.
- Gather only the red/orange/blue/turquoise balls.
- Swimming in the ocean.
- Being lost on a boat in a storm.
- Ack- the balls are spiders!
It was fun to watch and even more fun for them to get to play that way. It was such a fun and exciting change to the routine for them.
How do you beat bathtime boredom? I’d love to hear about it, comments really do make my day!